Monday, 27 April 2015


A couple of years ago I stopped painting in oil paints because I developed an allergy to the thinners and turps after extended use. Even wearing gloves the fumes alone seemed to result in red rashes all up my arms. So I moved to print making for a while (mostly woodblock, collotype and drypoint to avoid the new range of chemicals introduced with zinc plate etching). Then of course I have been back to painting with acrylics.
However, by last February, I found myself a bit lost on the way somewhere and decided that a new medium might help lift me out of my funk. Since then I have been back in the studio with some 'water mixable' oils to avoid the turps... and life is good... the only downside is that given they take weeks to dry... I'm running out of room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.