Friday, 1 July 2011
fabric covered notebooks
I have just made these fabric covered notebooks for my mum for her birthday. Inspired by Carly Schwerdt's Moopy Notebook Cover in Meet Me at Mike's book, I made up a very simple pattern. The front cover is a patchwork pattern and can be any layout you like (the overall size is below).
Mine were made to fit A5 notebooks so the dimensions are something like this....
1. Make the patchwork cover and then cut to overall size (37.5cm x 25cm)
2. Cut the back and sides (they can all be different fabrics)
3. Use iron-on interfacing on the back piece
4. Lay out the pieces in this order > Back piece (right side up) > side pieces (right side up) > front piece (right side down)
5. Sew together using 1.5cm seam allowance leaving a 5cm gap between start of stitching line and the end of the stitching line to turn inside out
6. Turn inside out and iron flat
7. Embroider or decorate as you like and slip over an A5 notebook. Happy Birthday mum.